Sunday, 17 April 2011

Thrifting

Today we headed off to our local markets, nothing to do with pools, i just love a bit of thrifting and searching for the odd treasure! For some reason today i got that Dire Straits song 'twisting by the pool' stuck in my head, {I realize this must make me sound like i have really poor taste in music, i can assure you i don't!!}  but it was on repeat whole day, i couldn't shake it {you know what its like when you get a song in your head.} Anyhow by the end of our market loop it had turned in too 'thrifting by the pool' i was singing it out loud and the kids had joined in too! What a sight we must have been, a family of misfits!

Unfortunately it was quiet an unsuccessful day for us on the trash and treasure circuit. Even my lovlies found it hard to find something they 'had to have', which is quiet unusual for them! I was the only one who got lucky, i found this gem -


And instantly feel in love! Its a vintage wool duffle coat, in an almost military style, perfect for this season. It is in great condition. It had been loved and the woman was sad to see it go, but at a bargain price of only $15 i couldn't be happier with my find!


I loved it so much i had to put it on straight away! I assured the kind woman that her coat has gone to a good home and will be well cared for. I look forward to getting lots of wear out of it this winter, i think it will be perfect for those chilly trips to the park and early morning markets!

Did you find any treasures this weekend?

x jody

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is what I call a bargain! Loving it and must admit am slightly jealous!

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...