Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Energy Muffins . .



I did some cooking with my little lovelies today. The wintry days trapped indoors are already sending them {and me} a little stir crazy!

These little energy muffins are packed full of goodness. A perfect sweet treat. If your like me and not too keen on feeding your kiddlets junk, you will love these! So versatile and super tasty!



Ingredients
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sultanas
2 cup grated apple
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup oats {i use muesli}
1 cup of whatever you like, dates, nuts, grated pear, carrot or more apple . .
3 eggs
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1/2 natural yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla
icing sugar to dust {optional}

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Use paper cases to line muffin pans.

Sift sugar, flour, cinnamon and baking powder into a large bowl. Add sultanas, apple, coconut and muesli. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil and vanilla.

Add to dry ingredients and fold until just combined - do not over mix.

Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown. serve dusted with icing sugar.

Enjoy!

x jody



This is my adapted recipie. You can find the original here.

2 comments:

  1. Jody, these look YUM!
    Packed with some of my fave ingredients... cinnamon, apple, coconut, muesli!
    I think these would be a hit at my place... especially with me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these look so great. I'm going to try them tomorrow with gluten-free flour. I love that there's so much fruit in them. The perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea on a cold day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...