Monday, 30 May 2011

Made my Monday. .

It is the best feeling when someone complements you out of the blue, when you least expect it. Thats what happened to me today.

I went to my wallet last week to retrive my licence as i needed to show photo id for something. To my surprise it wasn't there. Lyla lost it for sure. Must have been on one of the numerous occasions i reluctantly handed it over, just to shut her up. I searched high and low. It was nowhere to be seen. Hubby gave me the talk ... i shouldnt let her play with my things.. what if it was my credit card... blah blah.

Anyway, so I headed off today on a mission to get myself a new licence. A task i expected to be drawn out and complicated. Armed with every document and card i could find, to prove i am who i am. Not looking forward to having to have my photo taken, I hadn't had time this morning to do my hair and anyways i like the younger looking me on my licence. Reminds me of my youth, my life before children. It was my first licence!

Turns out my expectations couldn't have been more wrong. It was a surprisingly quick, efficient and painless process, even with two little ones in tow! Best of all the sweet, sweet man that served me said i wouldn't need to have my photo taken as i still look the same!!!!


That was 7 years ago!! I don't have my actual licence to show you, but this is a picture taken around the same time. I couldn't believe my ears. I got myself out of there quick smart before he changed his mind!

Such a kind man, he must of know thats just what i needed to shake my mondayitis.
He made my day!

What was your Monday like?

x jody

3 comments:

  1. I must admit I always like being referred to as young... it's nice to have a hubby who's 5 years older, as I'm always getting called young by him ;o)
    Glad you received a surprise compliment, adds a little sweetener to your day!
    Our Monday was wet, yet productive. Now for some sunshine pleeease! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes some sunshine here too please! glad you had a productive day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, i get the younger thing a bit but i think its by association... My love is 4 years younger than me, so his friends assume i am their age! Love that. My day was non eventful, just studying and preparing for a big day tomorrow.

    Happy Monday x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...