Friday, 17 June 2011

Friday Cook On..

I like the idea of sharing a recipe with you at least once a week. I love to cook and i make new things all the time, i just forget to take photos and post about them!

So I am going to try do a post every friday..
I will share a recipe i am loving, something i have made that day or week for the family.
Maybe you could share one with me too?

This week i made the most delicious sticky date puddings.. to.die.for. So simple to make and served with a nice scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream, they are the perfect decadent winter dessert.


Sticky Toffee Pudding

Ingredients
170g pitted dates, chopped
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
300ml boiling water
60g unsalted butter
3/4 cup castor or brown sugar
2 eggs
170g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
Sauce
200g brown sugar
1/2 cup thick cream
125g unsalted butter
1 vanilla bean split

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and butter an 18cm square cake tin or a muffin tin if you want individual puddings.

Mix dates and bicarbonate of soda. Pour over water and leave to stand.

Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Fold flour in gently, then stir in date mixture and vanilla then pour into prepared tin.

Bake in center of oven for 30-40mins until cooked. {20mins if using a muffin tin}

To make sauce, bring all ingredients to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5mins. Remove vanilla bean. 
Pour a little sauce over warm pudding and return to the oven for 2-3mins so sauce soaks in. 

Serve warm with ice cream or cream and extra sauce of course!


So tell me what yummy things have you made or are planing to make this week? 
Have you got your cook on?


Have a great weekend lovelies!

x jody




Recipe from The cooks companion by Stephanie Alexander

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I love getting my cook on!

    As delicious as this recipe looks, I'm trying to restrain myself from baking sweet stuff. Too many batches of cookies and brownies over the past month have left me feeling a little off!

    I'm so into risottos and soups at the moment. I've been perfecting my risotto technique over the past couple of weeks and am on the hunt for a perfectly wintery soup recipe to make over the weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea :)....I just posted about some cinnamon scrolls I made yesterday that were rather good.

    This sticky date pud is very similar to the recipe I use and is so moreish!!

    At the moment I am right into comfort foods...soups, stews/casseroles and warm desserts...YUM.

    Have a fab weekend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found myself baking on Fridays too and blogging about it. Maybe there is a linky in here??

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing!! will be adding this to the recipes i want to try! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jody, that does look DELICIOUS... and the scoop of icecream, Mmmmm! Thank you for sharing, I like the fact we get to share in your recipes once a week. I am on the lookout for tasty recipes all the time now... must be watching Masterchef that is influencing my culinary desires ;o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummo!!
    I'm going to regret reading this recipe. I can feel my thighs getting fatter just looking at the photo haha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...