Thursday, 2 June 2011

Jamie . .

I have a confessinon to make.. something that you may not know about me..

I love Jamie Oliver!

I think he is such an amazing person. I admire everything he is doing to try and change the way we all eat, educating us about food, and of course his awe-inspiring cooking. I was lucky enough to go to one of his live shows when he was in Melbourne a few years ago, it was brilliant!
So i confess, embarrassingly.. i am a huge, huge fan!
{look at his gorgeous family, how can you not love him?}




His recipes are awesome. I love them all and am yet to have one fail me. Quiet a few have even made there way to my everyday cooking. You know the recipes you always fall back on. The winners. They look impressive but are uncomplicated. Everyone loves them {even the kids}. The ones you know by heart.

So with this chilly weather and winter finally upon us, we have been spending a little more time at home. I have been cooking up a storm and making some cracking meals {even if i do say so myself!}

Tonight was a one pot family favorite. It was totally devoured so i thought i would share it with you.


Jamies Moroccan Lamb.





• 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 1 small dried chilli
• a small bunch of fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
• 2 thumb-sized pieces of fresh ginger, peeled
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• extra virgin olive oil
• 4 smallish neck fillets of lamb or about 600g diced lamb
• 4 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2.5 cm/1 inch dice
• 2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
• 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
• 1 tin tomatoes 
• 1 stick of cinnamon
• 2 bay leaves
• a handful of dried apricots
• 285ml (½ pint) boiling water
• 350g/12oz couscous
• a little wine vinegar
• 4 tablespoons natural yogurt


Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
Pound up your cumin, coriander and fennel seeds with the dried chillies, rosemary, ginger and a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Smear half of this marinade over your lamb before you plait it. Rub and massage it in, then put the meat to one side while you prepare and mix the rest of the marinade in a bowl with the sweet potatoes, onions and garlic.

Brown your marinaded pieces of meat in a pan with a little olive oil. 

Add the sweet potato mixture to the pan and fry your veg for about 4 minutes until the onions are slightly soft. Add your tomatoes, give the pan a shake.
Add 3 wineglasses of water, the cinnamon stick, bay leaves and dried apricots.
Braise in the preheated oven (I suggest you do this with the lid off to give it a little colour) for 1 hour 15 minutes. 
Serve with couscous and natural yogurt. 


Yummo! And in the words of Jamie himself 'Lovely Jubbly' !!


What have you been cooking this week. Do you have a favorite celebrity chef? 


x jody




.Recipe adapted from here.
.image.

3 comments:

  1. Don't be embarrassed, I too am a big fan of Jamie Oliver, I really love what he is all about! His latest book 30 minute meals has changed dinner in our house! There is nothing like a good home cooked meal, whether you cooked it or just eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan too and have been for years and years! I am yet to buy his latest book but I'm really looking forward to it...I'm dropping heavy hints for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jamie as well! Definitely going to give this recipe a whirl (and hope that the kiddies love it).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...