Thursday, 21 July 2011

Puffy Paint. .

We have been getting crafty here too this week. And puff paint was the order of the day. Thanks to the circle that is blogging, i stole the idea from the lovely Beth of BabyMac {whom i think got it from Corinne who got it from i-mumma} Anyhow it is fab and i know its not a new thing.. lots of people have done it before.
It is so cool i had to share it with you. It rocked my little lovelies world. And killed an afternoon.










Puffy paint

1 tablespoon self-raising flour
a few drops of food colouring
1 tablespoon of salt

Combine the above together with a little water to make a smooth paste and paint away on pieces of cardboard. When the artworks are finished pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds until they magically 'puff' up and dry.



You've got too give it a try. Best part is not having wet artworks all over the house!

Have fun!

x jody


8 comments:

  1. That was my favourite bit too - dry paintings - there just seemed to be less mess I think. Thank goodness me found this this week - the weather here has been APPALLING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! will have to try this with the girls!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a legend!! I was just thinking today (after 387 hours of constant rain) that I would make my young one some of this!

    thanks!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!! My kids love crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous idea!! I'll be next to steal that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your munchkins are too, too cute. Seriously. I've got so many of these ideas in my head from years in childcare, but my all time favourite is still home made playdough. Can't stand the smell of that stuff you buy. The kids adore it, and I don't mind playing with it myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh GORGEOUS pics of your babes. They're so lovely Jody. This did look like a wonderful craft idea... just no bloody microwave in this house, so we had to scrap it! I don't think the oven would have the same effect! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cool ... think we may just have to give this one a go this afternoon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...