Monday, 25 July 2011

Pumpkin + Rocket Salad


In keeping with my new regime, i have been eating a lot more salads. And this one i love.

Ingredients

1/4 pumpkin peeled and roughly chopped
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds 
8 slices of prosciutto
2 large handfuls of rocket
about 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
handful of shaved parmesan cheese
1 dried chilli {optional}

Method

Preheat your oven to 190°C. Toss pumpkin in corriander, salt, pepper, a splash of olive oil and dried chilli {if using} Roast in oven for about half an hour until golden and soft. Set aside.

Either tear prosciutto or leave slices whole. Place on plate {not too neat}. Add pumpkin and sprinkle over rocket. Drizzle over a little olive oil and the balsamic, add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper, and use a vegetable peeler to shave over the parmesan. Easily done.

{Serves two}


Linking up with Anna over at Much Love.

Happy Monday!

x jody




This is my adapted recipe, original by Jamie Oliver, from here.

12 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I got seriously addicted to rocket and watermelon over summer. I was eating it every day there for a while - sadly in winter it just doesn't seem as appealing. Good on you for sticking to your healthy eating. I am indulging in self sabotage - not good with the wedding less than three months away! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i must try, sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Love pumpkin, love rocket... but might be leaving out the coriander, don't like that ;o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good! I might try it the next time I'm home alone as my husband doesn't like rocket or pumpkin but it would be nice for just me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic & easy. Will give it a go- I'm trying to eat mere veges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks healthy. i love salads too and lately, wild rockets is something that i fancy even though many of my friends cant stand the smell of it! lol. going green = getting healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummo ... I want this for my dinner!! (and maybe lunch too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delicious, must print off and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds delicious. I adore rocket. Might have to make myself some later in the week! Well done you for maintaining your healthy lifestyle!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Jamie... so simple. Can't beat that combo and I have to say Jody, you inspired me a couple of weeks ago to turn to more soups and salads and as a result I feel lighter and, oh so slightly, leaner. So thank you. gxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...