Thursday, 11 August 2011

Coffee and Cake. .



There has been lots of that here this week. Coffee, cake and sweet treats to eat. And an abundance of visitors and play-dates. 

I love having people over, it forces me to clean my house and do some baking!

I only wish my little ones would learn to share with others.. when does that happen?

Today the ever so lovely Shelly from myshoeboxlife and her little MissA came over to play.  It was so nice to catch up and chat while the kiddies played. Shelly made some yummy biscuits for us {seriously i think Riley ate almost all of them} And i baked a simple banana bread {thanks to Irene from the fruit market whom gave me plenty of over ripe bananas for next to nothing.}


Simple Banana and Coconut Bread
2 ripe bananas – peeled and mashed with a fork
½ cup milk
2 large eggs – lightly beaten
125g of butter – melted

1 ¼ cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon (or mixed spice)
1 cup coconut
1 cup brown sugar

Method
Preheat oven to180 (or a bit less if you have a fan force oven)
Grease a 10 x 20cm loaf tin
You will need 2 mixing bowls – Combine mashed bananas, milk, eggs and butter in one bowl and then add this mixture to the combined flour, baking powder, coconut, sugar and cinnamon in the other bowl.
Pour the well combined mixture in the loaf tin and bake for approx 50-60 mins or until cake is cooked.
Dust with a little icing sugar to hide the burnt bits.


Perfect shared with a friend and a nice warm cup of coffee.


My house is clean, who wants to visit?

x jody


11 comments:

  1. Hi Jody!
    Coffee and cake are the best combination! I also love having visitors over (mainly for the cleaning reason)but I love entertaining!
    Sure your little ones will learn to share I think it just takes time!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will :)

    We have just finished a baking marathon as we are hosting morning tea for friends tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feels like forever since I've made banana bread! Damn banana prices! This one looks a treat, I've bookmarked it for future reference (ie. when I can afford bananas again). Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be over in a flash if you weren't so darn far away!

    They learn to share when they learn that if they share this time, they might get shared with next time. They've gotta see that there's something in it for them... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks absolutely scrumptious Jody... bring back banana's! Haven't had them in yonks :o(
    Sounds like a lovely day and you're so right, visitors force you to CLEAN and BAKE, love that about visitors ;o)
    Yeah the sharing thing is brutal. It is so tiring trying to referee disagreements between the kiddies, whilst trying to have a chat with your friend. I believe they start to get better around the 4-5 year bracket... I am hoping that is accurate, because I really don't like that phase.
    Thanks for sharing the recipes xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somewhere along the way they FINALLY get to share. I think it's past 4 though...looks DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love baking cakes, slices and biscuits for visitors. It gives ME a reason to practice my sharing! I'm a shocker when it comes to sharing cookies that are warm and straight out of the oven. Can I come over? I'll bring a homemade chocolate caramel slice :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for having us yesterday. The banana bread was delicious too, the pictures make me want to eat some more! Can't wait to do it again here in The Shoebox. And don't worry about the sharing, they still seemed to enjoy each other's company! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so yummy! I'm going to make some next week! Oh how I love baking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me, me, me! We'd love to visit. You won't have to share banana bread with me but I reckon my son would happily eat my share.

    Hmmm, sharing, that's a hard one. I'm in the thick of the not-happy-to-share phase too. Could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, how did I forget this one!? I even commented the first time I read it too. The recipe is similar to mine but mine has a tin of coconut cream instead of the melted butter and the milk, otherwise the same...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...