Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Lighter Days Ahead. .



In contrast to my last post.. today was warm and the sun was shining. I opened the house and let it all stream in. The fresh air, the bright sunlight, it was a glorious day. It was a little odd in fact, to feel such warmth. I can't help but think mother nature is taunting us, and the weather will turn blistering cold any moment. I tried not to let the thought creep in and just enjoy the moment, to just be. I have always loved the sun, not in a crazy sun baking kind of way, the way it's soothing rays can warm the soul and lift ones spirit. My mood is somewhat lighter, the little ones too. It gave us all a spring in our step. We played outside in the cubby for hours, washing was hung and dried, we blew bubbles and sipped tea, real and make believe.

More days like these please!

Is it just me or do you also feel better when the sun is shining?

x jody


11 comments:

  1. yes, i always feel better when its sunny! i love the image, so warm and summery. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like the perfect day! lets hope tomorrow brings more of the same

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day. I do love sunny days, just warm enough to lift the spirit without feeling like you're melting with the heat. Looking forward to spring. We are having a taste of that this week in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine does lift your spirit doesn't it? Things for some reason just seam happier. I'm glad you had such a happy day today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Early spring sunshine is so uplifting but spring coming your way means that autumn is coming ours. That isn't so bad but we all know what comes next...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure was a lovely day, i alsway feel better with a little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've worked out the key factors to my mental wellbeing. Besides well behaved children who sleep in their beds all night long, it's SUNSHINE. And washing on the line! And cupboards filled with food. And wine, let's not forget wine.

    Enjoy it while it lasts - I fear it's going to be over before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been like that here for the past month Jody and I'm just waiting for the bitter southerly to whip its way around SJW and make us all thoroughly depressed! Have been incredibly productive throughout July though, so it's been excellent! Hope your sunshine stays for a little longer... gxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh TOTALLY Jody! It's like a chemical reaction in me... I NEED sunshine. Today has been the prime example. It started overcast, when it was SUPPOSED to be sunny. I felt slow, sluggish, dismal... BUT then, the sun broke through this afternoon. Now everything seems easier, happier, lighter! Indeed I am a sunshine and warmth girl. I can't imagine living in a country where the sun only shines a couple of months a year :o/
    Enjoy that natural beauty while it lasts Jody xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last couple of days have been so beautiful. The kids are happier, I am happier, even people I don't know in the street seem happier. Bring on the summer sun ... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, yes, yes - wasn't this week beautiful?! don't know that it's going to last but let's just enjoy... won't be long till there are more with sun than not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...