Monday, 17 October 2011

From Little Things Big Things Grow





As i have probably mentioned previously, Saturday is Daddy day at our house. I trot off to work at 8am and the little ones spend the day with Daddy O. They often can't wait to get me out the door to see what he has in store for them. I'm never quiet sure exactly what goes on, but it is usually something pretty special and something Mum would never do. They wear their jarmies and have nothing but fun. This week they baked bread and made homemade pizza for lunch. As well as planting their own alfalfa in cute little decorated cut up milk bottles {the decoration washed off after watering}. How ace is that? I don't know where he got the idea from? Its something i would probably never do. And i like that. Its the little things that make the father child relationship grow. Its the time, thought, support and nurturing. Its the best. 
We all benefit and we are all so lucky, its the normal at our house.

From little things big things grow. Even little alfalfa sprouts.

Happy Monday.


9 comments:

  1. my girl has daddy day three days a week when i too trot off to work. she eats up every second of creative and chilled out adventures he takes her on. creates a fine balance i think. x ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so lovely jody. for me it was reversed, my dad stayed at home with me when I was tiny .. and then when we were older he would look after us on school holidays. I think that role reversal encouraged the feminist side of me just a little... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that lovely that your hubby gets to do special fun things each week, a lovely ritual that your little ones will look back at fondly. These are really special moments to have. I love his idea too, very clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful Jody! It's so fantastic that your littlies have their daddy time... and it DOES sound like loads of fun! How cool is baking bread, home made pizzas AND growing alfalfa!? Awesome fun :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so adorable. Daddy O is obviously very good with kids. Daddy Day Care Maybe????

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely that your children enjoy their weekly 'daddy date' that is pretty special.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so lovely. how special. what a creative dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My toddler does enjoy time with daddy. He just needs a much wider repertoire of activities and crafts to do! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi :) I just 'found' your blog and wanted to say hi and let you know you've got another reader :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...