Sunday, 6 November 2011

Eleven


This weekend just past, marks my eleventh year living in Melbourne. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and yet it feels like i have lived here forever. 

I made the move when I was only seventeen. I had been seeing Mr S for a couple of months, we had been doing the long distance thing, travelling back and forth. How we met is a somewhat crazy story, which I think I'll leave for another day. I was young and in between jobs not sure exactly what I wanted to do, so decided to come down to Melbourne to see if I liked it...  and I never looked back. 

It was such a big move. I'm not even sure how I did it. When I think back it surprises me, the things I have done, gone through and over come. None of it would have been possible without Mr S, my gorgeous husband. It's as though fate brought us together, we have been through so much and it has only ever made us stronger and bought us closer together. I was meant to be here. And although it has been difficult being away from my family at times, and so very hard for them. I know it was the right move for me. I followed my heart and it has bought me more happiness than I could ever have imagined. 

Here's to eleven more. 

x jody



image here.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for you. It's hard moving away and starting a new life, but sounds like yours has a happy ending, or at least a continuing happy journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations... 11 years... Well done surviving all that life brings .. Especially moving from family. Go you (and the mr ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post - yay for Melbourne! I'd love to know the story of how you meet your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Well done on taking that leap of faith. Here's to the next 11 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im coming to Melbourne at the end of the month, cant wait to explore your city, never been that far south, live on the NSW North Coast currnetly. I moved to Sydney at 18 for Uni away from everyone, even the boyfriend, you grow up quick,it makes us stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is beautiful!

    I'm not originally Melbourne either, & do long for my family, but I have happiness & an amazing family here.

    And it is ONE amazing city!

    Happy 11 years xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm born & bred here & I've known so many pople that have moved here from all over Australia & so many of them can't seem to hack it - I think it's the insane weather! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a lovely post & it is so nice to find your blog. i am just 3mths new living in melb & feel excited, happy and sometimes sad for what i left behind altho i know this is where we are meant to be. have a good week, dayle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww that is just lovely!!

    Sometimes it pays to follow the heart x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Jody, that is young to make such a big step, but it goes to show that sometimes we need to take the plunge and see where it takes us. It's a beautiful thing that you and hubby have that incredible bond as a result too :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post. It almost the reverse of my story. I left Melbourne for Sydney 15 years ago because I needed a change and ended up marrying and staying here. All my family are back in Melbourne so I miss them often, especially now I have children. They don't get to see their cousins much at all and there arent any cousins on my husband's side.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...