Friday, 25 November 2011

Good Deeds


Yesterday I cooked and baked all day. So that today when I went to visit my friend with a new baby I could fill her fridge with homemade meals and treats. I loved it when I had my babies, food simply is the best present. And it gave me such pleasure to see the surprise and happiness on her face, that something so simple could change someones day. She didn't expect it at all and was so appreciative. It was lovely to spend time together and see her with that beautiful new mumma glow. I loved the snuggles and smell of her precious newborn little girl.

I am grateful I could help a friend and brighten her day, for the reminder that simple deeds are good for the soul and oh so rewarding.

Linking up with the lovely Maxabella, what are you grateful for this week?



Happy weekend!

x jody



image here.

17 comments:

  1. Oh that is so lovely. I always say it is the simplest of things that mean the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me smile Jody!

    You are a great friend!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I haven't left a comment here before, but this post made me do it. What you did is just wonderful, that's the best gift one can get after having a baby!

    This blog is very lovely!

    -your reader from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww your a sweetheart Jody what a lovely gesture and I'm sure your friend loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely - i would have loved someone just showing up with food to nourish and treat me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend is so lucky. I remember how much I longed for someone to come and fill my fridge with yummy treats when I'd just had a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lovely! Receiving food is so special... and you are such a good cook. I bet they feel so loved right now.

    Today was so much fun, looking forward to Tuesday, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ain't that the truth Jody, nothing nicer than doing a good deed for a friend or family member :o) Your friend is a lucky lady to have you xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. As the recipient of a similar gift myselF this week you gave a wonderful gift and I'm sure it was super yummy too. You're a lovely friend, virtually & in real life too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THAT YOU DID THAT. What a beautiful friend you are ms Jodie. Unexpected acts of kindness are the best things. I can just imagine how much that meant to a new mummy. Yay you :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great idea, i'm going to do that for my friend..just found your blog by the way, loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so lovely. Love the image too

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great thing to do for a new mum
    yay for good deeds

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so so sweet. And you're right, there's nothing like a good deed. People need to do more of them. "pay it forward". :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It really is a win-win, isn't it?
    Everybody gets to feel fantastic and appreciated.
    Good on you - best new Mummy gift that there is.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're a beautiful, beautiful friend, Jody. When I had my first baby, my sister pushed her four month old baby in a pram across 3 suburbs to bring me a tuna casserole. Sob! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...