Friday, 11 November 2011

Scissor work


I'm a hairdresser by trade and have always worked Saturdays in the salon, even when the little ones were babies. I have worked in the same salon for eleven years and am lucky to have a boss that is so flexible and makes it easy for me to work a few hours here and there. This week I started working Thursday nights too. I loved it. I love that its the type of job that I can do part time. I loved being out of the house by 4:30pm, missing dinner, bath and bed time. I loved catching up with old clients and friends, laughing, talking and doing what I love. It was refreshing, it made me feel good and made me feel like me. And for this I am grateful.

Joining with Maxabella once again. What are you grateful for this week?

Happy weekend.

x jody



11 comments:

  1. It's so nice that you're able to do that- especially the missing the dinner & bath. Sometimes it's just what you need. And great that you love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very lucky to have a job like this Jody. It sounds like it's just perfect for you and your family... and double bonus that it is something you love to do. I wish you lived closer, because I would SO be one of your clients :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous to have a career that allows that type of flexibility. yay you. best of both worlds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Jody. I can definitely see how you can love it! Have you decided to do anything different with your hair? X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such an amazing thing when you can love what you do still after so many years. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Workplaces that allow flexibility for mums are just the best! All the hairdressers I know have such a great love for their job. So glad to hear you feel the same about your career! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely...it is so good to drop the apron & feel like an independent person again. i have struggled with this since having children 8yrs ago. i love being with them and miss them terribly but when i am on my way to work, the the windows down, the radio blaring something cheesy and i am singing my lungs out i love being with just myself. i am grateful this week for the season...spring is so beautiful in melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love a career eith that much flexibility. Maybe I missed my calling; after all, I do cut my hubby's hair and will probably do my daughters too, once they get enough of it! What am I grateful for this week? My mum visiting from Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy dance...so glad you are feeling great about your job...that is so important! I love your blog! off to take a peek around. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree having a job that you enjoy makes life much more happier. Just found your lovely blog and now following if you get a spare minute come visit me and follow if you like love finding new friends, have a wonderful weekend.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...