Thursday, 19 January 2012

Roast Baby Beet and Carrot Salad


A few people have asked for the recipe of this photo I posted on Instagram the other day. So here it is...

Ingredients
Fresh baby beetroots
Fresh baby carrots
Rocket
Fetta cheese
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Garlic
One orange
Fresh thyme
Salt and pepper

Method
. Heat oven to about 180-200 degrees
. Peel or scrub baby vegetables to your liking, trimming tops and ends.
. Tear a piece of foil large enough to fit your veg in. Do each separately otherwise the beetroots will turn everything pink.
. Place the carrots on foil with some whole cloves of garlic and a couple of sprigs of thyme, drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of the juice of half an orange and salt and pepper.
. Fold the foil so it becomes a little parcel of sorts, keeping the seal at the top!
. Do the same with the beets but use balsamic vinegar instead of the orange.
. Place both parcels on a baking tray and cook in the oven until tender should take about 45mins-1hour depending on how big your veg is.
. Remove veg from oven and allow to cool slightly.
. Place washed rocket on serving plate.
. Chuck the roasted veg on top along with the fetta crumbled.
. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add and extra crack of salt and pepper.
. Toss around and serve!

I am sure there are plenty of recipes out there like this, but I just kind of but this one together on the day with things I had in the fridge. Everyone really liked it, as did I, but I felt it could do with something a little extra, maybe some toasted sesame seeds or dukah for that extra oomph.

What do you think?


{apologies for the not very good iphone photo, it was all gone before I could get the real camera out}


xx


14 comments:

  1. OH!

    Be STILL my vegetarian heart!

    Just added this to my meal planner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOUUUU!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Love beetroot - as does my son. In fact we had it last night. Will be using this recipe next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try this saturday, was looking for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this just looks divine Jody, yummo! Thank you for sharing :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! My kids fave veggies, so this will go down a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try this with grown up veggies rather than baby ones....cos that is what I have right now. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting combo! I'm very curious to try... x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it sounds delish! Must give it a whirl as this is something my vegan son would eat, minus the fetta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely trying this one. Three of my favourites - beetroot, carrot and fetta! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum, my mouth is watering xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delish...will have to give this a go!

    Also, I've selected you as a Liebster Award recipient (for inspirational bloggers with under 200 followers) in the post here (sorry you may have to copy and paste!)
    http://back-in-gtown.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-award.html

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Cheers,
    Mez

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a pretty good pic taken from the iphone :)
    Yummy and healthy salad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried a variation of this today (ie. what I had in the fridge) and it was delicious. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...