Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Tuesday's Treasures


Just a quicky for me today. My mother in law passed away almost five years ago and I recently discovered this cross-stitch she had made. I wish I had taken a before shot,  it was in a heavy dark frame, with a dark green boarder {no wonder it was hidden under a bed}. I re-framed it, giving it a brighter, lighter new life and I just love it!

It is nice to have reminders of her in our home. For us and our children. Simple treasures.

I'm linking up with Rach over at Picklebug. Do you have any treasures to share?



9 comments:

  1. it's so beautiful! love the lighter new frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! What a lovely keepsake of your MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jody and so lovely of you to reframe and hang in your home. I'm sure she would have loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous! I love how you have framed it too!
    Beautiful and meaningful. Definitely a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little special treasures like this from relatives, they mean so so much and it is great to try and salvage them as you have done in the new frame.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is positively gorgeous Jody. The cross stitch AND the story behind it. What a sweetheart you are to breathe new life into an old treasure. Your babes will love it one day :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful reminder of your mother-in-law and something to have always and to pass on to her grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's gorgeous Jody, it's amazing how much a frame can make a difference to something like that. So special.

    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so lovely & looks great. Nice that you could add your own touch to something so special x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...