Monday, 23 January 2012

Warming Up


It's been pretty warm here the past few days and it seems to be only getting hotter. We have been laying low and taking it easy. I enjoyed a nice quiet weekend with the family, my brother came over for dinner on Saturday night and hubby cooked the most delicious rosemary and fennel pork on the spit, it was amazing, we served it with a simple homemade coleslaw or two. My brother and I had a coleslaw off, to see who's dressing was better. He won, but I still think mine was better, it was. We do things like that.

Sunday was a lazy day, hubby and I decided we should have one computer/phone/gadget free day a week and this was the first of many, it was nice to leave my phone at home and just fully focus on the family. We took Archie for an early walk to grab a coffee and wear the little ones out, it was hot and they tired easily. We are all loving having a puppy in the house, he is so gentle and full of life. The lazy continued well in to the afternoon, a nice big nap for us all and a movie, Up again, of course, it is the little mans most favorite, at the moment. And that's ok by me.

I'm enjoying being at home with the kiddies, avoiding the heat. R doesn't start kinder until Feburary, so i've spent a little more time just being with them, making up games, reading, playing and watching Up. Although they are starting to get a little sick of me, so were all looking forward to a few play-dates this week!


What have you got planned for this week?
Do your little ones have a movie they just can't get enough of?


xx



Image by little red photography.

11 comments:

  1. Ah, such a beautiful post Jody. Love the way it is written, I can hear the relaxation in your words. Sounds like you've got the right formula for long and lovely family days right there :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gadget-free day is a great idea! Cars is still the favourite movie here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gadget-free day is a great idea! Cars is still the favourite movie here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh am liking the sound of a gadget free day...maybe I need to implement that in our home.
    Any Disney movie is a hit in our home :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gadget free days are so important and honestly does it get any better than watching an old movie (even if it is over and over!) with the whole family on the couch. The fav in our house right now is Chitty chitty bang bang!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My nephew loves cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love a gadget free day - but I must admit I find it hard!!
    My kids love watching Bedtime stories with Adam Sandler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How utterly relaxing Jody. I'm a bit relaxed just reading.
    I love disappearing off the phone and internet every so often, it's a great feeling.
    We have a quiet week planned, enjoying the last few days before my Preschooler becomes a School Girl!
    Happy Week to You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of having a tech free day. Especially with phones these days it's so easy to stay connected to everything and everyone all the time. I might follow suit this weekend. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your tech/gadget free day. I have been trying to limit email checks/IG through the day and just do a quick check morning and then blog at night, but I like the idea of a whole day off. I think I am glad to escape the heat, luckily we are off the ground and not flooding here in the north! x oh, and mine love charlie and the chocolate factory, it's the *only* one they will sit through start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the idea of a gadget free day too. not sure how it would go down with the 12 & nearly 10 year old though, but we can always try - as long as there is something else in it's place, i'm sure it would work. mary poppins is the all time favourite in this house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...