Thursday, 15 March 2012

party mode


I don't know where this month has gone. Lyla will be two in nine days. Nine days and my baby will be two. Can you believe it? I can't... that's why I had to say it twice. Time really goes by too quickly, now I understand why all parents seem to say that. Anyhow, I debated whether or not I would have a party for her. I was going to have one, then I wasn't and then on Monday I decided I would. Talk about indecisive and last minute! So this coming Tuesday I am having a morning tea to celebrate, with some of our dearest friends. I say to myself and all invited, that it will be nothing, it will be small and minimal fuss made. But then I find myself in full party mode, making pink ombre layer cakes, party bags and dreaming of over the top decorations.


I just can't seem to help myself. I have been shopping everyday for different things, I have been waking at night thinking about everything I need to do. Planing. Baking. List making. Anxiety. It is crazy here and my hubby wants to kill me {not really} I always go over the top. I can't resist. I love parties. {and it's not even meant to be a party, just morning tea!} But I love everything to be perfect and I have to do everything myself. It's like an obsession. I can't stop. I have to go over the top.

So if I am not around so much this week, forgive me, my mind is in full party mode.

What do you do for your kiddies birthdays? 

I hope your having a good week?

xx

14 comments:

  1. How nice. My son turns two next week. we only do parties ever second year, this year is the year of 'do something special with your family' I must start thinking of a cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby wants to kill me {no really!}!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exactly like you on this Jody. The lowest key party I've done to date was Bebito's 3rd bday party when I was 3 weeks shy of hanging Little Lion & had not yet broken my knee. I'm good at keeping it fairly simple but can't help myself with theming, food & party bags. Oh who am I kidding? I suck st keeping it low key! The boys birthdays are only 3 weeks apart so I think I'll rotate who gets a proper party. Lyla's party looks like very good fun indeed! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always the same - a simple afternoon tea turned into a full party mode prep! It looks amazing...can't wait to see the finished pictures. Good luck with it all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha you are not alone lady! I have that illness too, but you always feel amazing for all the work after the party has been and gone. have fun and can't wait to see all the pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time ceratinly does go fast! Mila is 1 at the end of this month, and I'm in party mode too.
    Trying to keep a party low key, even if it is a simple morning tea, I've found to be an oxymoron. We just can't help ourselves can we!. I hope its stress free for you and I look forward to seeing the photos x

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, i love the second commenter!!

    even the smallest party seems like it's a lot because you are doing extra on top of what you already do! can't wait to see the pics, and that cake! xx

    p.s. when you posted that on insta, i thought it was hair colour and you were doing some kind of fancy hair-do on someone!! i think it's the bowls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can't wait! And of course, if you want help with anything (except blowing up balloons bc i'm scared of them...) just ask!

    See you Tuesday xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also debated whether I'd have a party for my 8 year old this year, but I just can't help myself! I go all out - always with a theme. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We must be long-lost twins! I am exactly the same. I love a good party! Well, actually, I think I just like organising, planning, making lists and crossing things off lists - I always have. I started planning Everly's 1st birthday at the beginning of this year, and it's not until June! It was getting a little out of hand though, so now I've toned it back a little (a lot). Lyla's party sounds like it will be great - can't wait to see the pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds perfect, a little party for the Big Two! Time does fly, that's why you will look back on her birthday and be glad you made the effort. Am loving the brown paper bags with pegs, so very sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you know what I do for my kids' birthdays. The less said about that the better!

    Like everything, writing everything down helps a lot.

    Can't wait to see the party post!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This year was the first year I did a proper birthday party and my initial plans were completely overboard. I could have written your post. My advice? Keep it simple. Do the things that will put a smile on Lyla's face and the things that will make it fun for you too. I whittled my lists down quite a few times until I got to something more achievable, although looking back I still did too much! Anyway, look forward to seeing what you get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! You sound just like me Jody. I do this with the boy's parties. I opted for a morning tea for Felix's 1st birthday, but then put on so much food it barely got eaten. At least no one went home hungry! Sounds like a lovely party you have planned, look forward to seeing some pics xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...