Wednesday, 28 March 2012

The story I heard


When I was younger my family always called me Jojo. It started with my younger brothers and then went on from there. Actually the whole time I lived in Sydney I was mostly called Jo. It wasn't until I moved to Melbourne that I lost that name and have since only ever really been called Jody. Well I guess I haven't lost it completely my brothers still call me Jojo or Jo and even MrS does too. But mostly I just get Jody, no shortening or nicknames. It's kinda strange. How names work, how they change throughout our lives and signify or define different stages or ages. I mean my surname has changed three times, but that's a whole other story.

A few weeks ago we were all out in our garden lazing around and listening to music whilst the little ones played. MrS put this Blind Pilot album on, I have heard it before but not listened properly. Out of no where MrS said this song reminded him so much of me, it was so sweet, my heart swelled, my husband listened to music and he thought of me. I listened to the words 'Hey you Jojo, yeah I know your name.' sounded innocent, I hummed along and soon fell in love with the song myself. 

Since then I have listened to their album quiet a few times, it's on high rotation in here. So today I thought I'd google the lyrics... Turns out Jojo is a guy 'they might try to keep you from the man you have been'. 

Thanks Honey. 

Still an awesome song. You can check out some more of their stuff here. 
I especially love '3 rounds and a sound'. 


Do you have a nickname? Or did you have one when you were growing up? Did it stick? Or do you have a song that reminds you of someone you love, that doesn't mean what you thought it did?


xx


I'm joining Maxabella over at Kidspot for 52 weeks of grateful.

8 comments:

  1. I love this post. I chilled out about ten-fold while I was reading it. And I love nicknames. Especially when you know a certain someone is the only one using it. I think it's so special x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's cute Jody. Maybe hubby didn't realise it was a song for a guy either, it doesn't matter, it can be about you anyway. I have LOTS of nicknames and I answer to them all, bit strange that. But the most used ones are J or JJ or Jules. I like them all though, they're all affectionate and make me feel loved when fam or friends use them xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet of him, even if Jojo was a guy - he meant well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute song! I love that your boy thought of you. Doesn't that melt your heart??

    My name is Kym, but I've lived with Kymbo, Kymmie, Kymberley, Kikilands (don't ask), and numerous other things.

    There isn't a song about any Kym's I know, but I wish someone would write one that was this cute!

    Happy Grateful Day.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute song...
    loads of nicknames here...mostly from Uni days and I refuse to acknowledge them anymore
    My parents used to call me George..and I thought the seekers song was just for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a 'Jodi' I can relate. I always wanted a nickname but Jodi never seemed to create anything catchy. I get Jode most of the time, which I like though. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get called Cake or Bubble. The Cake story is kinda long so remind me to tell you sometime! Bubble is a reference to the secretary in Ab Fab. My best friend's mum thinks I'm a bit like her! Charming huh!?

    Forever Young reminds me of my Mr S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so awesome! I do not suppose I've truly read a single thing like that before. So wonderful to discover somebody with a few unique thoughts on this topic. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that's needed on
    the web, someone with a little originality!
    Also visit my weblog ; click through the up coming page

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...