Monday, 16 July 2012

Kids parties and too many lollies


Our weekend was just that, kids parties and too many lollies. Ok that's a little extension of the truth... it was probably just me who ate too many lollies and we did do other things too. Like hit up the local pub for a family outing and good meal on Saturday night, followed by a lazy Sunday morning at home featuring the beast breakfast ever, it was so good I didn't even take a photo of it. In fact I didn't pick up the camera at all the entire weekend. The shame. Sunday afternoon was party number one, then backed up with another one today. Both for sets of twins. Which meant four presents to think of. Kids parties are fun, until they just get a little crazy and out of hand. Lyla is not interested in the cakes or lollies at all, but Riley on the other hand can't get enough, he would sit at a table and eat chocolate, cakes and goodies for the entire party if I let him. {which I don't} Then I catch him sneaking them when he thinks I'm not looking! Cheeky monkey! He has a sweet tooth just like his mama. {she says as she sits here devouring yet another lolly bag}

How was your weekend?

Do you have a price limit when it comes to buying presents? what types of gifts do you normally like to buy?


xx j

11 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm curious as to what's acceptable to spend on presents... Usually I leave it until the last minute then end up spending about $30...but that's getting really expensive when we have two parties every weekend. I'm thinking about $10-15 and employing some creativity...!! I just don't know what that will look like just yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found buying presents got out of hand a few years ago, so we try (although there is the odd exception) to hand make ours. It doesn't have to be too hard or complicated. A favourite our kids like making is what we call a 'designer' t-shirt. All you buy is a t- shirt or 2, let your kids paint it (heaps of different fabric paints/pen types out there) and your friends - or theirs - will be wearing a 'Lemon Rhodes Offspring Original'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha you are so good to monitor what riley is eating! ha my boys are the sweet tooths (teeth?!) just like me.. I am hopeless monitoring them, I see such delight on their faces I let them stop themselves, which I must say they are pretty good at - so far! for kids presents, $15 is usually my limit, we always give something they can read, or create, imagination focused, something that they need to use their busy little minds for. if I have time (and extra care for the child!) I will sew something x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a $15 limit on gifts - Poss' class all seem to invite all the girls to each party, meaning some weekends we go from party to party as well. It can get ridiculous otherwise...

    Glad you had a lovely weekend though - and enjoy a lolly or two for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Had to laugh at this, as we attended a birthday party on Sun and I couldn't get over how many lollies there were. Good food choices like carrots and celery too... but most kids at the age of 4 are not going to choose those. So I balanced it out by eating a lot of both! Fun times though.
    Sounds like you had a great weekend. Sometimes it's awesome just enjoying the moments and not capturing them all on film xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great family weekend. You know its a good meal when you don't even want to waste time instagramming it :) I like to give books as gifts to children. Especially for milestone birthdays so that I can write in the front as a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For babies, I love thoughtful gifts like wooden toys (blocks etc), or I'll bring my camera to a party & take an entire series of sweet, candid snaps without telling the parents, & then I'll put those shots in an album & give it to the parents.

    Parties are so busy, & the look on their faces when they see that someone bothered to take snaps?

    I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We haven't ever set a specific limit but thats probably a good idea. I like to find unique things or give books. Lately I have been trying to make gifts with my new sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love searching out something special, something handmade, a vintage or retro collectable. I am always picking up something along thecway, so I have these little gifts on hand. I cant wait to give Matilda her vintage cot I restored, a liitle late as I had to find a screw that was near impossible to find. D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...