Friday, 24 August 2012

Passionfruit cake


Yesterday we made this delicious passionfruit cake. We had an abundance of the fruit which we needed to use up and I just hate waste. It's packed with coconut and fruity goodness, tangy and tastes of summer. Cake and fruit is a perfect combination for me, so this recipe just made sense. And of course I had my favourite assistant helping out.


Ingredients
pulp of 8 passionfruits {to give roughlt 200mls}
100g desiccated coconut
165g Caster sugar
75g plain flour, sifted
4 eggs, lightly beaten
125g unsalted butter, melted
1tsp lemon juice
raspberries to serve, optional

Icing
25g unsalted butter, softened
225g icing sugar, sifted
plup from 1 passionfruit

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line 18cm round cake pan.
Pulse the passionfruit pulp in a food processor or with a stick blender to loosen. Set aside.
Combine coconut, sugar and flour in a bowl. Fold in the eggs, butter, lemon juice, pulp and seeds, then fold together until combined.
Pour into the cake pan and bake for 35 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
For the icing, place butter and icing sugar in an electric mixer and beat until doubled in size then add
passionfruit pulp, mixing well until combined.
Spread icing over cooled cake.






Enjoy!

Happy Friday!


{original recipe from here}

11 comments:

  1. Love a bit of passionfruit cake. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yu-um! I'm going to try this, I love passionfruit! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love passionfruit too! And coconut, so I'm definately going to give it a go!! Yum!! It looks pretty too!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the CWA passionfruit cake a few weeks ago..but the seeds crunched a bit much for me..I would love to try yours and maybe strain the seeds out first. I like the idea of coconut in it as well. It looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum yum yum, this looks so good Jody. Reminds me of childhood, my Mama used to make passionfruit cake. I too love the baking with fruit, SO many beautiful options. I actually made a tasty orange cake this week... must post it when I get a chance. Stunning photos as always too xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. This looks incredible! And your accompanying images are just beautiful too. Now to find myself a passionfruit tree...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yuuuum. I am going to whip up this baby later on.
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.... perfect timing! I have just been reading and writing about passionfruit - so good for us - and I must immediately make this cake. How did you know??? Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome!!!!!!! I love passionfruit and coconut - yum!!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody your cakes are so beautiful. This one looks like it would taste divine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jody,
    I know you don't need the help but I love your blog so much - nominated you for a Liebster Award (even though you're slightly over 200) because I just can't get enough of your great shots and posts
    http://katsontherun.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award-paying-it-forward.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...