Monday, 10 September 2012

How does your garden grow?













You might have guessed that I am not a great gardener, I love to be outside, I love flowers, trees and the idea of growing my own vegetables and herbs. But I'm not so good at the doing, I'm not too keen on dirt under my nails and getting dirty in general. In our garden things happen organically, by that I mean they take place without any outside influence.

Throughout winter our garden had become an over grown mess {to put it mildly}. So with Spring upon us, we dedicated Sunday entirely to our garden, cleaning, cutting, sweeping and weed pulling. And oh was it satisfying! Our garden is tidy and ready for planting, it is a pleasure to be outside again without the unsightly mess and overgrowth. We even discovered a few unknown gems whilst we were at it, a beautiful orchid and some kind of pink blossom, I'm not sure what it is.

I do know though, each year a single yellow rose flowers from my Mother in laws rose bush, on exactly the anniversary of her passing. I'm sure that means something.

New growth is sprouting and today I couldn't stop looking outside my windows and back door, our garden looks so much better! Now I can't wait to get started on a herb garden and see what else I can grow. The little ones have insisted on sunflowers and that sounds like a good start to me.

What do you like to grow?

And how is it Monday again already?

x jody


5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! We're getting right into our garden at the moment. We're landscaping our from yard and planting lots of natives and food plants like fruit trees and herbs. I'm loving it, especially in this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are gorgeous pics Jody, you have captured your lovely garden beautifully here. Gardening is very satisfying, but I am much like you, don't really enjoy the getting dirty and sweaty and having spider webs and bugs all over me, yuck. I do however, love admiring a gorgeous garden. Sounds like you've got lots to look forward to with your Spring planting xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you mean about the 'dirt' thing. That was me a coupe of years ago - I thought I liked to garden, but I hated to er in there and get dirty.

    The more you do it, the better it feels. Now I have clothes just for the garden, gummies and a big sunbathing, a scrubbing brush and I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your means of telling everything in this piece of writing is in fact fastidious, all be able to effortlessly know it, Thanks a lot.
    Feel free to visit my blog ... weightloss Clinic

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the reason that the admin of this web page is working, no question very rapidly it will be famous, due to its quality contents.
    Here is my blog post ... wieght loss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...