Thursday, 18 October 2012

Creative Mess





The entire week has been like this, Riley spending his days drawing, colouring, cutting, sticking and creating, all on his own. Yesterday was an alien theme, he thought of completely on his own, aliens were drawn and stuck to various spaceships, he used things he found around the house, my takeaway coffee cup, cardboard and egg cartons.

It amazes me to watch his newly discovered creativity, unguided and unaided by me. Just his own ideas and imagination. My heart swells with love and pride at his new found skills, its simply a joy to behold.

On the downside my mantel looks like this, its the perfect place to display artworks, apparently. And my floor is covered in little snipped triangles, scraps and off cuts. But I think its worth it.

Creativity or mess?

14 comments:

  1. Definitely creativity and I love everything he's created! S has been the same of late. I thought he was creative before but his imaginative play has grown incredibly. It is one of my favourite things about being a Mama! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, it must be the age! x

      Delete
  2. Definitely creativity and I love everything he's created! S has been the same of late. I thought he was creative before but his imaginative play has grown incredibly. It is one of my favourite things about being a Mama! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creativity at its finest. I love seeing this. Such imagination and creativity, just as it should be. And I love that you have let him have the mantle for it all, it shows him you value his work. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creativity, Love it, how very sweet and clever to be able to occupy himself like that x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is what my house looks like.. I like the kids to hit the craft whenever they want.. as long as they dont go too crazy with the glue it doesnt bother me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever boy. Most definitely creative! letting them play and watching their imaginations run wild is one of my favourite parts of being a mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative mess?? Bless his socks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our kitchen table looks just like it most days of the week! Yes, worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both, depending on my mood i guess! i do love the mantel and each item looks amazing. as a year one teacher a lot of time is spent watching this process, i adore it. x ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever and imaginative little man. So cute. Must admit, my heart swells with pride whenever Angus shows some creativity too, it's like a positive reinforcement of all the things we've taught him over the years xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creativity, creativity, creativity...that's my mantra, when the mess is being made! Seriously, it is, of course..and you've been rewarded with one unique mantle :) Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. What a creative boy you have there! How old is Riley?
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie! He is four :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...