Tuesday, 2 October 2012

How to: Appear busy


Some days I just do nothing at all except play with the kiddies and waste time on social media, just because.  If you were to peer through my window at 3pm you would most likely see us all still in our jarmies, sitting on the floor, kids enthralled in one game or another, me instagram-ing yet another photo of them. {please tell me I'm not the only one who does this..}

It's a relief not to be busy sometimes and the kids love home days. Hubs doesn't mind when we have days like this, he is mostly just jealous. I take a few simple steps to prevent him catching on we really have as many days like this, as we do. To create the illusion that I'm a busy housewife all day, everyday and so I can keep enjoying my laziness and possibly avoid having to go and get myself a real job.

So here it is - five simple steps I take to make me appear busy...

1. Change out of pyjamas at least ten minutes before your husband gets home, brush teeth and hair to freshen up and give the appearance that you showered that day. Dress kids for added effect.

2. Do some craft. Painting is a relatively simple activity. It will entertain the kids for 10 minutes, if your lucky, but somehow they have an ability to create a thousand artworks in that time. Most paints clean up fairly easily. Best of all the kids will have plenty to show and tell Dad about once he gets home.

3. Have something ready to serve for dinner, a home-made meal from the freezer is perfect for this, I know my hubs has no idea what's in the freezer  so it makes it look like I have been slaving away in the kitchen all afternoon. Win.

4. Put the phone away. Best to put that little baby somewhere out of sight, you haven't seen it all day, right...

5. Make tiding up a game. Get the kids involved and do a big tidy up at the end of the day, fastest to clean up gets a sticker etc... Messy house is a dead give away for having spent the day on the couch.* I spend about half an hour running around tiding, putting on washing and doing a general clean. Housework and exercise tick.

Easy right? And it's enough to keep hubs happy** and avoid the 'what have you been doing all day' talk.

Do you have any tips or tricks to add??


* I am really not that lazy, I am usually wrangling kids all. day. long. 
** Mr S really does not mind what state our home is in and knows I spend quality time with our children each day which is the most important thing. 

12 comments:

  1. you are one smart chooky!
    I am going to print this list and put it on our fridge.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. I would print it - but then husband would see it and then I would be busted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Alas, my hub works from home, so I can't get away with this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Love it! Those days are few and far between, but we make the most of PJ days when we can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cracking me up. made me remember my mum's old carpet sweeper, quickly zshooshed across the loungeroom at approximately 5.50pm. love a good clayton's clean ;)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this ! I don't have the kids, but do work from home so am constantly doing the 5pm change out of pjs routine.
    Fresh flowers in a vase (from the garden or next door) works a treat too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent list & tips. My days are often like the one you described and it is amazing how different the house looks if 10 mins before my husband comes home I tidy up & do the dishes. You are so right, it does look like I spent a busy day doing housework.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, so I'm not the only one who disguises how often she is on the computer... though my prime time to do it is in the evenings, whilst I'm cooking dinner and bathing kids... so I am at least, multi-tasking! My hubby doesn't mind either, I think it's more my own guilt that has me quickly picking up a tea towel and cleaning something when I hear him coming into the kitchen ;)
    Thanks for the top tips Jody xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Jody! Well played. I read this as I'm lying on Rubys bed, allstill in our jarmies, playing salons, trying to get the kids to massage my feet! I probably need to do the 10 minute tidy before hubs gets home, meh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep this going please, great job!
    My web site > best weight loss diet

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to find out more? I'd like to find out more details. http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...