Thursday, 28 August 2014

my family lens / grateful
















When the first rays of sun break through the gloomy winter clouds it signals Spring is well and truly on its way. Buds are blooming, the grass and trees are boasting their new found youth and the sky is brightest blue.

We venture out, the beach being our favorite place to revisit. The sunshine thaws us, the air is fresh and earthy. We walk bare footed, the sun on our skin and sand between our toes, it's restorative.

I'm grateful for beach days, after a long cold winter.


This is my second post in Kidspot Voices of 2014 Olympus Challenge #myfamilylens series. All photographs have been taken using the Olympus OM-D E-M10.

The camera was great to use on a bright light day at the beach. It's compact all metal design and twin dial system of the OM-D E-M10. The smaller, lighter body of the camera means I am more likely to take it everywhere with me as apposed to lugging around my SLR. 
Built in wi-fi is included, The Olympus Image Share app which allows you to share your photos directly to your social media networks and allows control of the lens zoom directly from your smartphone, which makes it so much simpler to upload all my favourite shots straight to instagram.
I like that the OM-D E-M10 has a digital viewfinder as well as a large LCD screen. The 16 megapixels offer great image quality considering the smaller sized sensor. As well as an effective stabilization system and super fast auto focus.
The camera comes with 12 art filters to choose from to give you total creativity, I haven't had a chance to play around with them too much, but I can't wait to give them a try. 

Olympus have kindly sent me their OM-D E-M10 camera with the 14-42mm lens to test out for a couple of months. All opinions and views are my own. 

You can also check out the #myfamilylens and #VoicesOf2014 hashtags on instagram to see more great photographs as part of the challenge. 

                                               

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous photos Jody! I love those colourful beach huts, gorgeous! Your little lady is also very gorgeous, her hair is so long now :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a beautiful day for it! Love that spot for beach visits too with the little beach houses. Am so happy that more days like this are just around the corner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fabulous Jody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sensational. So bright and crisp. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree - best days are so restorative of ones soul. We love them too - and spring. Love the gorgeous colours in your photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in these photos is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those boathouse - I am in love! They are what inspired my blogger header. Gorgeous photos hun 0 just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, i love hearing from every one of you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...